Been thinking about things I miss most about being home. I have been gone since last November. That is 2013. Long time.
1. My daughter. I don’t get to see her enough as it is, but being deployed makes it worse. Makes me feel like I am missing so much.
2. Phone calls with friends. I’m known to be a talker. The art of the conversation is dying. Most folks just wait for their turn to speak. Like two ducks quacking at each other. Worse, now it’s all texts.
3. The morning after one of my friends parties when we ale all very hung over and we get coffee (I usually volunteer) and have breakfast together. Then raid the local flea market.
4. The hang around time at a reenactment when one or more of us go all goofy. Storytelling in the bunker. Laughing so hard that my gut hurts.
5. Driving in the fall, colors are in full fury. Windows down, cold air whipping around and music blasting.
There’s more, but this is all I want to share for now.